Flavorful and Healthy: Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs
If you're looking for a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional beef meatballs, then you're in for a treat with these Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs. Made with lean ground turkey and a blend of herbs and spices, these meatballs are packed with flavor and cooked to perfection in the air fryer. Whether you're serving them as an appetizer, pairing them with pasta, or adding them to a sandwich, these turkey meatballs are a versatile and satisfying option for any meal.
Here's our downloadable version of our recipe: Click here
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
Step 1: Preparing the Turkey Meatball Mixture
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, chopped onion, minced garlic, chopped parsley, dried oregano, dried basil, salt, black pepper, and the lightly beaten egg.
- Mix all the ingredients together until well combined. Be careful not to overmix, as it can result in dense meatballs.
Step 2: Shaping the Turkey Meatballs
- Lightly grease your hands with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Take small portions of the meatball mixture and roll them into balls, about 1 to 1.5 inches in diameter. Place the shaped meatballs on a clean plate or baking sheet.
Step 3: Air Frying the Turkey Meatballs
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F (190°C) for 5 minutes.
- Lightly grease the air fryer basket with cooking spray or use parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- Place the turkey meatballs in a single layer in the air fryer basket, leaving space between each meatball for even cooking.
- Air fry the meatballs for 12-15 minutes, flipping them halfway through, until they are browned and cooked through. Ensure they reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
Step 4: Serving the Turkey Meatballs
- Remove the cooked meatballs from the air fryer and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Serve the turkey meatballs with your favorite marinara sauce, as a side dish, or as a filling for sandwiches or wraps.
- Garnish with additional parsley or grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Conclusion: Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs are a healthier twist on a classic favorite. With the help of the air fryer, you can achieve perfectly cooked meatballs that are juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside, without the need for excessive oil. Packed with flavors from herbs, spices, and Parmesan cheese, these turkey meatballs are a versatile addition to your meals. Whether you serve them as an appetizer, a main course, or in sandwiches, these turkey meatballs are sure to satisfy your cravings while keeping your meal light and nutritious. So, grab your air fryer and give these delicious and healthy turkey meatballs a try!